Breeders Liaison Position
- Exciting opportunity in the Harness Racing industry
• Christchurch based
• Permanent – full time role
Harness Racing New Zealand (HRNZ) exists to work with the stakeholders in our sport to promote and regulate a thriving and positive harness racing industry in New Zealand.
The role’s key objective is to advocate / champion all aspects of breeding for HRNZ.
What will you be doing in this role?
The Breeders Liaison will work closely with NZ Standardbred Breeders Association, Studs, and breeders on all breeding matters to identify and communicate strategic changes, influences and risks relating to breeding
Identify, analyse, and communicate standardbred breeding strategic changes, influences, and risks (local, Australian, and international)
Provide quality and timely advice to the HRNZ Board and senior management when required
Channel the breeding perspective across the HRNZ business, including race programming, animal welfare and awards
Implement effective marketing and communication strategies to promote breeding
What will you need to succeed in this role?
- Strong understanding and experience in the Harness Racing regarding breeding.
- Strong commercial capabilities.
- Proven report writing skills to appropriate governance standards.
- Business and strategic planning experience.
- Tertiary qualification in Marketing, Communications, or other relevant qualification (optional)
• Maintain effective relationships with all breeders and key stakeholders (NZSBA, Studs etc)
For more information on the role, please contact Catherine McDonald on firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please send your covering letter and CV to: email@example.com